Monday, November 7, 2022

My Future's Past 4




Another music themed post, with another early journey expressing late nights filled with emotionally charged music performed by close friends. 
This one means alot to me. I have shared it before . 

Early on, I began to focus on the importance of gesture in hands.  I made them larger and more important than they seem to be in nature or photography. I distort them into unattractive unnatural shapes that express emotion and drive the narrative..  For guitarists, its all in the fingers, the music lives through touch..

These early musician paintings developed a vocabulary of shapes that would evolve and propel my current work.

With continuing gratitude to Pedro, Little J., Bash, Dupester, and Gabs.


ROCK AND ROLL NIGHT
18x24 oil on canvas 1990

No comments:

Post a Comment