Tuesday, November 8, 2022

My Future's Past 7





I think this will be the last of these hinting that already so heavily influenced by cubism. It is the most blatantly influenced by Picasso. I really felt a need to understand this version of abstraction. I wanted to bring cubism to another level. The ego and arrogance of a 26 year old me wanted to upstage the masters. I wanted to invent my own ism. This one started with several drawings of one model in several poses. I wanted to show all sides at once.

I don't think this was the last of these that I painted, but it was the culmination of the idea. I needed to tell my stories. I started writing my first book and that change how I approached my painting and drawing. At the start of these posts expressing my early path, I posted some of those paintings where I let the tales live.

This painting closed an early chapter in my tale. My next post will go even further backwards, to my student work.

MASQUES 1987
oil on canvas about 12x16

No comments:

Post a Comment